Save Time Achieving Your Mission
Brightest is the only social impact, CSR, ESG, and sustainability software platform that gives you the flexibility to fully customize your impact and climate programs around your organization’s needs, goals, mission, strategy, operations, and stakeholders. Whether you need to measure common metrics like Scope 1, 2, and 3 CO2 emissions, waste, donations, or volunteer hours, domain-specific ESG risk & compliance signals, or unique success indicators like meals served or positive health outcomes, our platform gives you the framework to bring your work and reporting to life. With Brightest, you’re able to save time, do more with less, engage every stakeholder group, collect data easier, and measure what matters
Submit A Review For Teachers Aid Food Bank
Your rating **Tips for writing a great review:
1 million customersfind businesses on BusinessYab every month.
- Promote and drive traffic to your business
- Be found by customers and prospects
- Make business connections
Teacher Aid Program Drive
Help us reach our goal of 500 items by 2018-08-17. Give today at:YouGiveGoods.com/drive-schoolsupplieshouston
Kids need the right tools in order to succeed in school, but many families canât afford basic school supplies. Many compassionate teachers pay for school supplies from their own pockets so their students arenât at a disadvantage.
The Teachers Aid program provides supplies to teachers in schools that meet the following criteria:
â Teachers Aid Agreement must be submitted.â 60% of students are on free or reduced price lunchâ Participate in the Houston Food Bankâs Backpack Buddy Program
Donating goods is easy! Click on SHOP NOW to purchase the goods you would like to donate. You will be emailed a tax receipt at the time of purchase. At the end of the drive all goods ordered online will be shipped directly to our charity partner.
Thank you! Your contributions will strengthen our community by helping others in need.
Most Needed School Supplies:
- Notebook Paper and Spiral Notebooks
Don’t Miss: Food Bank Of Central Missouri
Programs From Hfb Houston Food Bank Foundation
The Houston Food Bank, which is a local non-profit foundation, not only provides free items to the needy, but the non-profit administers a number of social services across Harris County. There are resources such as the Backpack Buddy program for children, a free referral helpline, as well as meals on wheels for senior citizens, among many others. The programs do mostly revolve around providing free food though, but their services are available to residents of all ages and incomes.
SSOP, or Social Services Outreach Program, is the resource that individuals can contact in order to get applications for state of Texas as well as federal government benefits. The extent of what people can apply to is extensive, and the Houston Food Bank can help with some or all of the following.
Public aid for food is provided to infants and pregnant mothers from WIC, and another highly demanded program is SNAP food stamps. There are also programs for the elderly, such as CSFP, and applications for free school lunches for children from low income families.
Other health care programs as well as cash assistance can be applied too as well from the SSOP service. Staff from the food bank in Harris County can assist with Women’s Health Initiative, Medicaid, or direct clients to Children’s Health Insurance Program .
When You Were In School Your Favorite Teacher Did More Than Just Teach You They Cared For And Supported You Today Many Students In These Teachers Classrooms Need Lots Of Support Some Come From Families Struggling To Make Ends Meet When A Family Is Struggling To Make Ends Meet Some Purchases Like School Supplies Are Not On The Priority List
These kids often come to school without proper tools they need to learn and succeed. Children without school supplies have lower attendance rates, are more likely to do poorly in school and have higher dropout rates than other students. Many teachers use their own money to provide these kids with supplies, spending on average $1,000 a year of their own money, this dollar amount is increasingly more for first time teachers or teachers whom work in low income areas.
The Houston Food Bank has partnered with Kids in Need Foundation to start a resource center in Houston called Teachers Aid. Teachers Aid to help supplement teachers with school supplies to be used in their classrooms. In order to shop at the Teachers Aid Center, a teacher must meet two requirements:
- Teach at a school participating in the Houston Food Banks Backpack Buddy Program
- Teach at a school with a population of 70% or more on Free and Reduced Lunch.
How can you help support this program?
Information on how to help out can be found at
Recommended Reading: Food Bank Schedule Reno Nv
Examples Of Past Scout Projects
Eagle: Ransom H. hosted a free food and personal protective equipment distribution event in partnership with the City of Missouri City & the Houston Food Bank.
Held a low-carb food drive for Food Bank clients with diabetes.
Eagle: Neel P. assembled two ventilated, lockable security racks for winter jackets to be used by volunteers in the freezer section, stocked these racks with winter jackets, and assembled more than over 2000 toothbrush and toothpaste sets for the Backpack Buddy Program.
Many scout troops help with the annual Souper Bowl of Caring .
Make A Measurable Positive Difference
We’re a recognized leader in measuring and simplifying operational social impact, community engagement, sustainability, corporate social responsibility , and ESG reporting. If our software can’t meet your measurement or data needs out of the box, contact us for custom social impact measurement, materiality assessment, data, ESG reporting, or technical integration help. We work with the European Union Sustainability Reporting Standards , United Nation Sustainable Development Goal framework organizations, SEC Climate & EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Disclosure companies, B Corps, and enterprise measurement standards like IFRS , SASB, CDP, GRI, TCFD, and Greenhouse Gas Protocol. We also develop our own proprietary models, forecasting, and reporting tools
Read Also: Order Food With Bank Account Number
All The Tools Purpose
Unify corporate social responsibility , carbon accounting and emissions reduction, sustainability reporting, social impact measurement, ESG disclosure, and more with a beautiful, integrated, and audit-ready platform for inspiring and measuring positive change. Whether you’re a large corporation, growing business, government, university, or other purpose-led organization, Brightest gives you the most flexible, comprehensive governance platform for data-driven social impact, environmental compliance, value chain and stakeholder engagement, and reporting success and outcomes
Providing School Supplies For Teachers In Low Income Schools
As a teacher we know that we have to go out and purchase things ourselves so that the students can have the supplies that they need. This program has helped us to get the tools that we need so we can do well in the classroom.
Without the proper tools to do the work, many children are challenged to achieve academic success. When families cant afford basic school supplies, compassionate teachers use their own funds to ensure their students have a productive, efficient learning experience.
Recommended Reading: Non Profit Organization Food Bank
Facts Management: Elevating The Education Experience
school administrators, teachers, and families. … eliminate a siloed infrastructure, award financial aid, and offer your families flexible payment options …
7. TEA Login
8. Federal Student Aid
A Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant is different from other federal student grants because it requires you agree …
9. gstg – California Student Aid Commission
The Golden State Teacher Grant Program awards up to $20,000 to students currently enrolled in a professional preparation program approved by the …
10. CTC Online – Login Help
What Else Do I Need To Know
- Promptly arriving as close to your assigned pick-up time as possible, helps us serve more teachers in a timely fashion.
- We are transitioning to a drive-thru model and you must bring confirmation of your booked time in order to pick-up your items. School I.D. will also be required when picking up.
- Teachers are only able to pick-up orders for themselves and will not be able to pick-up for another teacher.
- Because items are donated, the Houston Food Bank must ensure that they are used for the donors intended purpose. Please help us honor our commitment to our donors. Items may not be resold, traded or bartered for home or personal use.
You May Like: Food Bank Delivery To Home
How Do I Shop Online
- Once the teacher has been approved, they may then select items from our website on posted shopping days:
- Teachers must register at . Click Book Now and follow the instructions to schedule an online pick-up day. Once scheduled, you will receive a confirmation e-Mail.
- You must use your school email address where indicated when placing an order and booking an appointment.
- All orders will be verified by a staff member.
- Teachers may order online twice a month during the school year.
- School I.D. is required for pick-up and delivery options.
- Please bring a large enough vehicle to load your selected items.
- Every item in the Teachers Aid Center is donated. We cant guarantee you will find the same items each time you visit.
- The items are free for all eligible teachers item quantities are limited per teacher.
How It Works
- All supplies in the center are completely free for teachers who are on the program
- Teachers select from donated items via an online shop and a standard/custom box will be built with the supplies chosen
- Select a pick-up time on Tuesday from 4:00 -7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 -11:30 a.m. or 1:30 -3:30 p.m. throughout the school year
Don’t Miss: Houston Food Bank Mobile Pantry